Nurture Life is a subscription service that prepares freshly-made, nutritionally balanced, ready-to-enjoy meals for babies, toddlers and kids and delivers them straight to customers’ doors. Our team of chefs and pediatric dietitians collaborate on every menu to ensure meals meet the changing nutritional needs of growing kids while introducing them to new flavors and textures. Our commitment to sourcing and producing the highest quality products and delivering a phenomenal customer experience means peace of mind for our families. Our mission is to deliver a healthier world through better nutrition for our kids.
We are looking for a curious, detail-oriented Business Intelligence Data Analyst who will own data management, processes and analytics in a company that is creating the very best meals for kids. Nurture Life is a rapidly growing startup in the foodtech industry led by a team with decades of experience in the technology and food and beverage industries. We are committed to transparency and collaboration in everything we do.
- Raising the standard for children’s food in America
- Exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Inspiring the extraordinary in our team
As a key member of our Operations Excellence team, this role will work with stakeholders across departments to help solve our most important business problems. This role is perfect for someone who has both an analytical mindset and a strong business acumen. The ideal candidate has an ability to detect patterns and understand business trends to find the answers to problems. They will also understand the best ways to summarize and visualize data so business users can action on them.
Nurture Life’s top priorities for our Business Intelligence program are real time visibility, data integrity and enabling business users to have a stronger data mindset. In this role you will be working with data tools including a MySQL database, Looker, Excel and Google Analytics. You are a great fit if you are constantly asking questions and are excited to dig into multiple data sources to answer them.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, cultivate, and maintain scalable, automated looks and dashboards in Looker to provide benchmarking and progress against key performance goals/initiatives and understand root causes of what impacts attainment of those objectives
- Set up tracking for performance metrics including but not limited to Meal Sales, User Cancellation Behavior, Refunds & Credits reporting, and Broken Seals
- Own and optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of KPIs to management team, Marketing team, Operations team, etc. Establish regular reporting cadences and tools, implementing process improvements for data pulls to increase efficiency
- Work with Google Analytics in combination with other data sources to track marketing performance and insights
- Create a framework for tracking customer behavior on our e-commerce subscription site to gain greater insights on activity, usage patterns, predictability and more
- Prioritize and handle multiple data requests from different key stakeholders, including work required to fulfill investor data requests
- Work with our team of software developers to optimize database in the context of our business
- Complete department-specific walkthroughs to train business users on Looker and dashboards you have created
- Establish processes to increase data integrity – set up dashboards to easily identify differences from the norm for key metrics and work to correct
- Think through strategy for expanding data program and how to integrate disparate data sources
- Assist with data migrations when Nurture Life implements new software or systems
WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO HAVE…
- 1-2 years of professional experience as a BI Analyst or similar role
- Data Analytics, Business, Economics, Statistics bachelor’s degree or similar degree
- High proficiency in MySQL (ability to write and optimize complex queries), Excel, and BI tool(s) (preference towards Looker – writing LookML, creating dashboards & looks)
- Proficiency in Google Analytics
- Ability to recognize patterns and analyze trends to find business insights in large datasets
- Proven ability to manage data projects, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Advanced data visualization and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and interest in using data to solve business problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to understand business questions and turn data into a story for our business users
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in consumer behavior, food and working in a startup environment
- Long periods of sitting and eye strain due to close proximity to a computer.
- Light lifting to move material from time to time, push or pull 25lbs and carry 25lbs
WE PROUDLY OFFER
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid company holidays and paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave
- A company stocked breakroom for your hydration and snack needs