Nurture Life, headquartered in the River North area of Chicago, is a subscription service that prepares fresh, wholesome, organic, ready-to-eat meals for babies, toddlers and kids and delivers them weekly, straight to customers’ doors. Our team of chefs and pediatric dietitian collaborate on every menu to ensure meals meet the changing nutritional needs of growing kids while introducing them to new flavors and textures. Our commitment to sourcing and producing the highest quality products and delivering a phenomenal customer experience means peace of mind for our families. Our passion is to impact the healthy development of children and revolutionize mealtime for families.
We are looking for a talented and driven content coordinator intern who thrives in a collaborative team environment and is passionate about being a part of a company that creates the very best meals for kids. Nurture Life is a rapidly growing startup in the foodtech industry led by a team with decades of experience in the technology and food and beverage industries. We are committed to transparency and collaboration in everything we do.
- Providing customers a phenomenal experience every time
- Sourcing and producing the highest quality products
- Investing in our people, our greatest asset
The content coordinator intern will report directly to the content marketing manager, working closely with the social media manager and graphic designer. This position will be responsible for supporting the content marketing department for a full semester. This internship is for course credit and is unpaid. We would like an intern who can commit to 20 to 25 hours of work a week in our River North office.
INTERNSHIP DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with managing our editorial calendar—ideating blogs, scheduling to ensure content variety, reassessing publishing schedule as needed
- Write blog prompts—researching keywords, building a framework for the article, providing inspiration or necessary resources to writers
- Help ideate for blog photo needs and assess how we can use existing photos to achieve content needs
- Assist in reporting on blog performance by using Google Analytics to track pageviews, bounce rate, conversion rate, etc.
- Assist in working with key team members to ensure proper channel distribution (Ensuring the blog is being shared internally and to customers through email + social)
- Crop and resize photos for use on blog and any other requested channels
- Post blogs on WordPress and ensure all necessary elements are included within the content (tags, meta description, etc.)
- Assess past blogs, suggest future use, and implement changes as necessary—archive, get new photos, optimize with keywords, rework the content entirely, etc.
- Help keep photo assets organized and accessible by all team members.
- Assist in staging material organization and sourcing
- Update and/or review website changes, ensuring all assets are accurate and verifying that linking and messaging are up-to-date.
- Assist in any general content-related tasks. This could mean everything from holding up a reflector during a photoshoot, copyediting emails or looking for the perfect plate to feature our meals. The world of content is different every day!
- Have a desire to get hands-on work experience and be consistently challenged
- Be detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, deadline driven, ambitious and a team player alongside great people
- Strong writing and editing skills with a mind for process management and organization
- A strong interest in fostering community through work—building relationships beyond the task, cultivating an inclusive work environment and challenging Nurture Life with new ideas and approaches
- Have strong experience in Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Dropbox
- Have an eye for photo composition
- Some Adobe Creative Cloud experience preferred
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred
Work environment involves limited risks or discomforts, which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines in production facilities
Long periods of sitting and eye strain due to close proximity to computer. Light to moderate lifting, up to 25 pounds, to move material from time to time.