Nurture Life is a rapidly growing food company that delivers fresh, nutritious, ready-to-enjoy meals, but the mission that unites us goes so much deeper than that. Together we’re raising the bar for kids food, creating meals that are healthy, delicious and convenient, that parents can be proud to serve and kids love to eat. Our meals are developed by registered dietitians and chefs and tailored to each daily member’s unique age, stage, and developmental needs.
We’re a team of individuals united by a powerful mission, but we’re also an emerging player in the fast-paced and highly competitive food tech industry. As a high-growth start-up, we’ve scaled rapidly in the past couple of years–expanding our product offerings and service across the contiguous U.S.. By joining Nurture Life, you’ll be part of a tight-knit team led by professionals with decades of experience in both the tech and food industries. We hire talented people who share our vision and then give them the freedom (and the responsibility!) to develop new ideas, innovative approaches and directly impact our growth and success. We believe in inspiring the extraordinary in our people and know that our team is the core of our success. From our food production team to our company leadership, we foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to collaborate, experiment and promote bold ideas We support our team members and empower them to use their unique talents as part of a unified, mission-focused organization.
Our vision doesn’t stop at today’s dinner or tomorrow’s lunch. Join Nurture Life’s dynamic, dedicated and diverse team to help create healthy futures for yourself and our customers.
- Raising the standard for children’s food in America
- Exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Inspiring the extraordinary in our team
As a key member of our Operations Excellence team, this role will work with stakeholders across departments to help solve our most important business challenges and opportunities. This role is perfect for someone who has both an analytical mindset and a strong business acumen. The ideal candidate has an ability to detect patterns and understand business trends to find the answers to problems. They will also understand the best ways to summarize and visualize data so business users can action on them.
Nurture Life’s top priorities for our Business Intelligence program are real time visibility, empowering team members to have a data-driven mindset and data integrity. In this role you will be working with data tools including a MySQL database, Looker, Excel and Google Analytics. You are a great fit if you are constantly asking questions and are excited to dig into multiple data sources to answer them.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, cultivate, and maintain scalable, automated looks and dashboards in Looker to provide benchmarking and progress against key performance goals/initiatives and understand root causes of what impacts attainment of those objectives
- Set up tracking for performance metrics including but not limited to Meal Sales, User Cancellation and Pause Behavior, Refunds & Credits reporting, Customer Retention trends
- Own and optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of KPIs to management team, Marketing team, Operations team, etc. Establish regular reporting cadences and tools, implementing process improvements for data pulls to increase efficiency
- Work with Google Analytics in combination with other data sources to track site & marketing performance and insights
- Create a framework for tracking customer behavior on our e-commerce subscription site to gain greater insights on activity, usage patterns, predictability, retention trends and more
- Provide customer segmentation detail and analytics for marketing team initiatives
- Prioritize and handle multiple data requests from different key stakeholders, including work required to fulfill investor data requests
- Work with our team of software developers to optimize database in the context of our business
- Complete department-specific walkthroughs to train business users on Looker and dashboards you have created
- Establish processes to increase data integrity – set up dashboards to easily identify differences from the norm for key metrics and work to correct
- Strategize & execute expansion of data program and integration of disparate data sources
- Assist with data migrations when Nurture Life implements new software or systems
WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO HAVE…
- 1-2 years of professional experience as a BI Analyst or similar role
- Business, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative bachelor’s degree or similar degree
- Strong business acumen and interest in using data to solve business problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to understand business questions and turn data into a story for our business users
- Strong proficiency in MySQL, Excel, and BI tool(s) (preference towards Looker – writing LookML, creating dashboards & looks)
- Strong proficiency in Google Analytics
- Ability to recognize patterns and analyze trends to find business insights in large datasets
- Proven ability to manage data projects, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Advanced data visualization and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in consumer behavior, food and working in a startup environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint
WE PROUDLY OFFER
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid company holidays and paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave