Food Safety and Quality Assurance TechnicianBedford Park, IL - Full Time Apply Now
Nurture Life is a rapidly growing food company that delivers fresh, nutritious, ready-to-enjoy meals, but the mission that unites us goes so much deeper than that. Together we’re raising the bar for kids food, creating meals that are healthy, delicious and convenient, that parents can be proud to serve and kids love to eat. Our meals are developed by registered dietitians and chefs and tailored to each daily member’s unique age, stage, and developmental needs.
We’re a team of individuals united by a powerful mission, but we’re also an emerging player in the fast-paced and highly competitive food tech industry. As a high-growth start-up, we’ve scaled rapidly in the past couple of years–expanding our product offerings and service across the contiguous U.S.. By joining Nurture Life, you’ll be part of a tight-knit team led by professionals with decades of experience in both the tech and food industries. We hire talented people who share our vision and then give them the freedom (and the responsibility!) to develop new ideas, innovative approaches and directly impact our growth and success. We believe in inspiring the extraordinary in our people and know that our team is the core of our success. From our food production team to our company leadership, we foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to collaborate, experiment and promote bold ideas. We support our team members and empower them to use their unique talents as part of a unified, mission-focused organization.
- Raising the standard for children’s food in America
- Exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Inspiring the extraordinary in our team
Your days will consist of…
Conducting Food Safety and Quality Assurance audits of our production facility ensuring standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Consult with production team members and management to resolve food safety, quality and efficiency problems. Function as an information source to production and various company departments when special and critical food safety and quality issues occur. Function in conjunction with FSQA Manager on Quality Control and Compliance on special department projects. This description reflects essential functions and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Verify CCP checks are being performed as stated in the HACCP/Food Safety Plans
- Net weight check verifications
- Confirm that production facility audit procedures (SQF) are properly carried out and assigned work schedules are maintained
- Determine overall production facility food safety and quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging
- Assist in investigation Food Safety and Quality issues on the production floor
- Evaluate and take corrective action when necessary with regard to food safety and quality at all levels of product movement
- Perform inspections on finished products
- Assist in performing inventory counts as necessary of finished goods
- Educate and instruct production facility personnel in recommended GMPs, equipment sanitation and general sanitation and housekeeping practices. Confirm these procedures are being maintained
- Develop CAPA reports
- Discuss production facility evaluation with management, make appropriate recommendations and set timetable for improvement and corrections
- Function as an information source for production and other Nurture Life departments when critical food safety and quality issues arise
- Prepare production facility evaluation reports and submit them to FSQA Manager
- Assist in the development of special department projects and work in conjunction with FSQA Manager.
- Accept responsibility of training and preparing new employees for this position
- Strive to accomplish the goals of the production facility plan, consistent with established manufacturing, quality and safety procedures
- Follow company food safety and quality policies and requirements
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines in production facilities, handling of hazardous testing and sanitation chemicals. Protective clothing and gear such as goggles, gloves and shoes may be required. Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of standing and walking in production facility, and lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment kits and product cases. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching and reaching.
We’d love for you to…
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have 6 months-1 year experience in the food safety and quality assurance field, laboratory or production facility quality control.
We proudly offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid company holidays and paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave