Nurture Life provides freshly-made, wholesome, nutritious meals for babies, toddlers and kids and delivers them weekly, straight to families’ doors. Our service helps families reduce the time and stress of having to plan, shop for and prepare meals, while ensuring they are feeding their kids the best.
We are looking for a talented, driven prepared food packer who loves to work on a team and is passionate about creating and packing the very best meals for kids. We are a dynamic startup, headquartered in the River North area of Chicago, run by a leadership team with decades of experience in the food/beverage and technology industries. We are committed to transparency and collaboration in everything we do. If you’re looking for an exciting and friendly environment that will value you and your contributions, apply to join our team.
- Raising the standard for children’s food in America
- Exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Inspiring the extraordinary in our team
Your days will consist of…
- Being a team player alongside great people packaging fresh, healthy and developmentally friendly foods for babies, toddlers and kids
- Reviewing your daily packing lists and bringing up any questions before starting your tasks
- Following specific operating procedures while using a plating guide and scales to ensure consistency across all menu items
- Organizing your daily tasks and areas to allow for multiple meals to be completed at a time within our packing areas
- Ensuring that all products are portioned correctly per plating guides, organized and labeled correctly per company standard operating procedures
- Tray & jar sealing ensuring the quality of the seals and accurate label placement
- Labeling and inventorying of all meals as we go to achieve a final goal inventory number
- Pitching in and helping out in other areas such as shipping, procurement & stewarding
- Working in a clean and organized way and cleaning as you go
- Working safely at all times and always asking for assistance when needed
We’d love for you to…
- Have experience in food packaging and understand cold working environments
- Possess an amazing ability to multitask and handle various tasks at a time throughout your work shift
- Be entrepreneurial and share your ideas no matter how crazy you may think they’ll sound
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time, push or pull 50# and carry 25#
Work environment and physical demands…
- Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines and forklifts in production facility.
- Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves and slip resistant shoes and other PPE may be required.
- Work will be performed in a cold environment (34-42 degrees) for extended periods of time, must be able to work in a cold environment with required appropriate clothing.
- Tools and equipment such as knives, hand tools, utensils, burners, ovens and standard commercial kitchen equipment will be used.
- Work requires some physical strain such as long continuous periods of standing and walking in production facility.
- Must be able to push, carry, lift and/or pull 50lbs or more
- Other physical demands may include climbing, crouching and/or reaching.
We are proud to offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k savings plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid holidays, vacation days and generous parental leave