Nurture Life is a rapidly growing food company that delivers fresh, nutritious, ready-to-enjoy meals, but the mission that unites us goes so much deeper than that. Together we’re raising the bar for kids food, creating meals that are healthy, delicious and convenient, that parents can be proud to serve and kids love to eat. Our meals are developed by registered dietitians and chefs and tailored to each daily member’s unique age, stage, and developmental needs.
We’re a team of individuals united by a powerful mission, but we’re also an emerging player in the fast-paced and highly competitive food tech industry. As a high-growth start-up, we’ve scaled rapidly in the past couple of years–expanding our product offerings and service across the contiguous U.S.. By joining Nurture Life, you’ll be part of a tight-knit team led by professionals with decades of experience in both the tech and food industries. We hire talented people who share our vision and then give them the freedom (and the responsibility!) to develop new ideas, innovative approaches and directly impact our growth and success. We believe in inspiring the extraordinary in our people and know that our team is the core of our success. From our food production team to our company leadership, we foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to collaborate, experiment and promote bold ideas. We support our team members and empower them to use their unique talents as part of a unified, mission-focused organization.
- Raising the standard for children’s food in America
- Exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Inspiring the extraordinary in our team
Your days will consist of…
- Being a team player alongside great people packaging fresh, healthy and developmentally friendly foods for babies, toddlers and kids
- Reviewing your daily packing lists and bringing up any questions before starting your tasks
- Following specific operating procedures while using a plating guide and scales to ensure consistency across all menu items
- Organizing your daily tasks and areas to allow for multiple meals to be completed at a time within our packing areas
- Ensuring that all products are portioned correctly per plating guides, organized and labeled correctly per company standard operating procedures
- Tray & jar sealing ensuring the quality of the seals and accurate label placement
- Labeling and inventorying of all meals as we go to achieve a final goal inventory number
- Pitching in and helping out in other areas such as shipping, procurement & stewarding
- Working in a clean and organized way and cleaning as you go
- Working safely at all times and always asking for assistance when needed
We’d love for you to…
- Have experience in food packaging and understand cold working environments
- Possess an amazing ability to multitask and handle various tasks at a time throughout your work shift
- Be entrepreneurial and share your ideas no matter how crazy you may think they’ll sound
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time, push or pull 50# and carry 25#
Work environment and physical demands…
- Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines and forklifts in production facility.
- Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves and slip resistant shoes and other PPE may be required.
- Work will be performed in a cold environment (34-42 degrees) for extended periods of time, must be able to work in a cold environment with required appropriate clothing.
- Tools and equipment such as knives, hand tools, utensils, burners, ovens and standard commercial kitchen equipment will be used.
- Work requires some physical strain such as long continuous periods of standing and walking in production facility.
- Must be able to push, carry, lift and/or pull 50lbs or more
- Other physical demands may include climbing, crouching and/or reaching.
We proudly offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid company holidays and paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave