Nurture Life is a rapidly growing food company that delivers fresh, nutritious, ready-to-enjoy meals, but the mission that unites us goes so much deeper than that. Together we’re raising the bar for kids food, creating meals that are healthy, delicious and convenient, that parents can be proud to serve and kids love to eat. Our meals are developed by registered dietitians and chefs and tailored to each daily member’s unique age, stage, and developmental needs.
We’re a team of individuals united by a powerful mission, but we’re also an emerging player in the fast-paced and highly competitive food tech industry. As a high-growth start-up, we’ve scaled rapidly in the past couple of years–expanding our product offerings and service across the contiguous U.S.. By joining Nurture Life, you’ll be part of a tight-knit team led by professionals with decades of experience in both the tech and food industries. We hire talented people who share our vision and then give them the freedom (and the responsibility!) to develop new ideas, innovative approaches and directly impact our growth and success. We believe in inspiring the extraordinary in our people and know that our team is the core of our success. From our food production team to our company leadership, we foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to collaborate, experiment and promote bold ideas. We support our team members and empower them to use their unique talents as part of a unified, mission-focused organization.
- Raising the standard for children’s food in America
- Exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Inspiring the extraordinary in our team
Your days will consist of…
- Being a team player alongside great people by preparing and cooking fresh, healthy and developmentally friendly foods for babies, toddlers and kids.
- Reviewing daily work lists and bringing up any questions to your supervisor before starting the tasks.
- Following standard operating procedures while using recipes to produce meals to ensure consistency and quality across all menu items.
- Preparing and cooking quality ingredients that represent our passion to deliver a great product to our customers.
- Ensuring that all products are prepared correctly per product quality standard, recipe guidelines, and compliance with GMPs, USDA and all food safety and quality standards.
- Immediately communicating recipe discrepancies such as order/over statement of yields, bake loss, process loss or bom to a supervisor.
- Processing equipment set up and change over.
- Striving to accomplish the goals of the manufacturing plan based on SQF requirements, consistent with established manufacturing, quality and safety standards.
- Working in a clean and organized way and cleaning as you go, ensuring GMPs, USDA and sanitation standards are met.
- Working safely at all times, asking for assistance when needed and notifying management of any problems or concerns.
- Assisting as needed in all other areas of production operations such as plating, sealing, fulfillment, receiving and sanitation.
We’d love for you to…
- 6 months to 1 year experience as a prep cook/food production cook, producing recipes for hundreds of portions at a time.
- Ability to multitask and handle shifting priorities throughout your work shift.
- Ability to communicate, read and understand English as we read and write recipes and conduct meetings in English.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Have basic math skills including weights and measures.
Work environment and physical demands…
- Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines and forklifts in production facility.
- Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves and slip resistant shoes and other PPE may be required.
- Work will be performed in a cold environment (34-42 degrees) for extended periods of time, must be able to work in a cold environment with required appropriate clothing.
- Tools and equipment such as knives, hand tools, utensils, burners, ovens and standard commercial kitchen equipment will be used.
- Work requires some physical strain such as long continuous periods of standing and walking in production facility.
- Must be able to push, carry, lift and/or pull 50lbs or more
- Other physical demands may include climbing, crouching and/or reaching.
We proudly offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid company holidays and paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave