Nurture Life, headquartered in the River North area of Chicago, is a subscription service that prepares wholesome, nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for babies, toddlers and kids and delivers them weekly, straight to customers’ doors. Our team of chefs and pediatric dietitian collaborate on every menu to ensure meals meet the changing nutritional needs of growing kids while introducing them to new flavors and textures. Our commitment to sourcing and producing the highest quality products and delivering a phenomenal customer experience means peace of mind for our families. Our passion is to impact the healthy development of children.
We are looking for a talented, driven production cook who loves to work on a team and is passionate about creating the very best meals for kids. We are a dynamic startup run by a leadership team with decades of experience in the technology and food and beverage industries. We are committed to transparency and collaboration in everything we do. If you’re looking for an exciting and friendly environment that will value you and your contributions, please apply to join our team.
- Raising the standard for children’s food in America
- Exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Inspiring the extraordinary in our team
Your days will consist of…
- Being a team player alongside great people by preparing and cooking fresh, healthy and developmentally friendly foods for babies, toddlers and kids.
- Reviewing daily work lists and bringing up any questions to your supervisor before starting the tasks.
- Following standard operating procedures while using recipes to produce meals to ensure consistency and quality across all menu items.
- Preparing and cooking quality ingredients that represent our passion to deliver a great product to our customers.
- Ensuring that all products are prepared correctly per product quality standard, recipe guidelines, and compliance with GMPs, USDA and all food safety and quality standards.
- Immediately communicating recipe discrepancies such as order/over statement of yields, bake loss, process loss or bom to a supervisor.
- Processing equipment set up and change over.
- Striving to accomplish the goals of the manufacturing plan based on SQF requirements, consistent with established manufacturing, quality and safety standards.
- Working in a clean and organized way and cleaning as you go, ensuring GMPs, USDA and sanitation standards are met.
- Working safely at all times, asking for assistance when needed and notifying management of any problems or concerns.
- Assisting as needed in all other areas of production operations such as plating, sealing, fulfillment, receiving and sanitation.
We’d love for you to…
- 1-2 years experience as a prep cook/food production cook, producing recipes for hundreds of portions at a time.
- Ability to multitask and handle shifting priorities throughout your work shift.
- Ability to communicate, read and understand English as we read and write recipes and conduct meetings in English.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Have basic math skills including weights and measures.
Work environment and physical demands…
- Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines and forklifts in production facility.
- Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves and slip resistant shoes and other PPE may be required.
- Work will be performed in a cold environment (34-42 degrees) for extended periods of time, must be able to work in a cold environment with required appropriate clothing.
- Tools and equipment such as knives, hand tools, utensils, burners, ovens and standard commercial kitchen equipment will be used.
- Work requires some physical strain such as long continuous periods of standing and walking in production facility.
- Must be able to push, carry, lift and/or pull 50lbs or more
- Other physical demands may include climbing, crouching and/or reaching.
We are proud to offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k savings plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid holidays, vacation days and generous parental leave