Nurture Life is a rapidly growing food company that delivers fresh, nutritious, ready-to-enjoy meals, but the mission that unites us goes so much deeper than that. Together we’re raising the bar for kid’s food, creating meals that are healthy, delicious and convenient, that parents can be proud to serve and kids love to eat. Our meals are developed by registered dietitians and chefs and tailored to kids’ specific nutritional and developmental needs.
We’re a team of individuals united by a powerful mission, but we’re also an emerging player in the fast-paced and highly competitive food tech industry. As a high-growth start-up, we’ve scaled rapidly in the past couple of years–expanding our product offerings and service across the contiguous U.S.. By joining Nurture Life, you’ll be part of a tight-knit team led by professionals with decades of experience in both the tech and food industries. We hire talented people who share our vision and then give them the freedom (and the responsibility!) to develop new ideas, innovative approaches and directly impact our growth and success. We believe in inspiring the extraordinary in our people and know that our team is the core of our success. From our food production team to our company leadership, we foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to collaborate, experiment and promote bold ideas. We support our team members and empower them to use their unique talents as part of a unified, mission-focused organization.
Who We Are Looking For…
Nurture Life is looking for a point person for all warehouse, inventory and shipping functions. This key member of our team will maximize our plant’s storage capacity by redesigning the optimal layout as needed to meet growing demands. They will need to have up-to-date knowledge of all inventory positions and manage our shipping clerk to ensure all customer pick lists and shipping labels are prepared as needed for fulfillment in advance of pack outs and shipping provider communications to ensure timely pickup of all outbound orders. Our Warehouse and Shipping Supervisor will also be responsible for training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance while leading by example.
Your days will consist of….
- Maintaining storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements
- Moving inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from service partner warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments
- Communicating with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers
- Delivering supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items.
- Suggest continuous improvement initiatives and / or departmental work instructions (ie. One point lessons and / or job aids) for all departmental tasks
- Managing cleanliness of work areas throughout the warehouse.
- Managing shipping clerk to ensure all customer pick lists and shipping labels are completed correctly and timely for fulfillment
- Communicating with shipping providers (UPS, regional and last mile carriers, line haul transportation providers), to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments
- Proactively managing shipping through unexpected events such as weather delays and delivery delays, working with customer experience and our shipping providers to provide the best customer experience possible
- Managing our shipping budget, including analysis of spend and identifying and executing on areas for potential cost savings
- Performing other duties as assigned, and may be required to perform duties outside of normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We’d love for you to…
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- At least 6 months to 1 year of warehouse and shipping experience
- Hyper focus on attention to detail. Possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong math skills are essential. Ability to add and subtract numbers, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement in both pounds and kilos.
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Light data entry skills required.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential
We proudly offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid company holidays and paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave