Effective Date: August 14, 2020
- The Personal Information that Nurture Life receives from you when you interact with our Site or subscribe to our Service
- How Nurture Life uses the Personal Information that it receives
- If and why Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties
- Your choices regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Information
What We Collect
Nurture Life collects Personal Information about you and your family when you voluntarily submit that information to us. “Personal Information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact you. This includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, credit card information, email address, shipping address, username, password, dietary preferences, children’s ages, and if you connect through social media sites, your interests and social connections. You voluntarily submit that information to us (i) by registering as a subscriber on the Site, (ii) by signing up for our newsletter or Blog, (iii) through the “Contact Us” page, or (iv) by email or telephone. Other information that we may collect from you include your interests and social connections if you connect to us through a social media site.
When you use our Site or subscribe to our Service, we may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you or “Usage Data,” such as your movement about the Site, the type of browser or operating system you use, or the domain name of the website from which you linked to our Site.
If you send us a testimonial, compliment, or other positive feedback, we may publish it, but we will only identify you by first name, last initial, photo provided by you, city and state and the ages of the children associated with your account; for example: “Julie K, Chicago IL (kids 3 and 6).”
Information Collected by Other Means
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information that we collect to fulfill the orders you place through our Service, to operate, improve and personalize the Services, to provide customer service, to customize our advertising and marketing, to help us develop our new products and services and improve our existing products and services; to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities; and to enforce our Site’s Terms or other applicable policies.
Sharing with Third Parties
Where We Store Personal Information
Personal Information gathered through this Site is stored in the United States. If you submit information from a jurisdiction outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. The Site is not intended for users outside the United States, and Nurture Life does not ship outside the United States.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information that you submit. All credit card transactions through our Site are carried out using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We (like all websites) cannot warrant or guarantee 100% security of any information you transmit to us at our websites. You have the responsibility for keeping your username and password secure. We also recommend that you sign out after each session on the Site and close your browser to avoid unauthorized access to your account.
If you are concerned about the information you have provided to us, or would like to review, update, correct or delete that information, please contact us at (312) 517-1888.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from us, you may opt-out of receiving future marketing or promotional emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email from us. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days for that change to register in our system. Notwithstanding such an opt-out, as long as you remain a subscriber to our Service, you will continue to receive transactional emails from us related specifically to the Service we are providing to you.
If you wish to cancel your subscription, please call us at (312) 517-1888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the “Changes/Cancellations” section of our Terms.
In accordance with the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act 740 ILCS 14/1, et seq. (“BIPA”), Nurture Life (hereinafter the “Company”) has instituted the following policy to define the policy and procedures for the collection, use, safe-guarding, storage, retention, and destruction of employee Biometric Information and Biometric Identifiers collected by the Company and/or its vendor(s) (collectively, the “Company’s Vendors”) :
- Biometric Identifier: means a retina or iris scan, fingerprint, voiceprint, or scan of hand or face geometry, and may also include an individual’s voice. Biometric identifiers do not include, amongst other information, writing samples, photographs, tattoo descriptions, or physical descriptions such as weight, hair color or eye color.
- Biometric Information: means any information, regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared based on an individual’s Biometric Identifier used to identify an individual.
- Informed Written Consent: a form executed by an individual, including Nurture Life’s Biometric Clock– Employee Consent and Release Form, authorizing the Company to possess, capture, receive, purchase, use, collect, disclose, redisclose, transmit or otherwise disseminate the individual’s Biometric Identifiers and Biometric Information.
- The Company and/or the Company’s Vendors collect, protect, use, and store Biometric Identifiers and Biometric Information in accordance with the applicable laws including, but not limited to, the BIPA.
- An individual’s Biometric Identifier(s) and Biometric Information will not be collected, otherwise obtained, transferred, disclosed or stored by the Company and/or the Company’s Vendors without the prior Informed Written Consent (see Biometric Clock– Employee Consent and Release Form) of the individual. The individual’s Informed Written Consent will be obtained:
- At the time of hire and as a condition of employment for employees; or
- At any other appropriate time that is prior to the Company and/or the Company’s Vendors collecting, otherwise obtaining or storing the individual’s Biometric Identifier(s) or Biometric Information.
- The Company will not sell, lease, trade, or otherwise profit from an individual’s Biometric Identifier(s) or Biometric Information.
- The Company and/or the Company’s Vendors will not disclose, redisclose, transmit or otherwise disseminate any Biometric Identifiers or Biometric Information unless:
- The individual first provides Informed Written Consent to the disclosure, redisclosure, transmission or dissemination by executing the Biometric Clock– Employee Consent and Release Form or another comparable Informed Written Consent form;
- Disclosure is required by state or federal law;
- Disclosure is required pursuant to a valid warrant or subpoena
- Unless otherwise required by regulation, the Company shall retain and require the Company’s Vendor to retain Biometric Identifiers and Biometric Information only until the first of the following occurs, after which time the individual’s Biometric Information or Biometric Identifiers will be securely and permanently destroyed:
- The initial purpose for collecting or obtaining such Biometric Identifiers or Biometric Information has been satisfied, such as the termination of the employee’s employment.
- Within three years of the individual’s last interaction with the Company.
- The Company and any party to whom the Company discloses, rediscloses, transmits or otherwise disseminates Biometric Identifiers or Biometric Information, including the Company’s Vendors, will use a reasonable standard of care to store, transmit, protect from disclosure and destroy all Biometric Identifiers and Biometric Information. Such storage, transmission, protection from disclosure and destruction shall be performed in a manner that is the same as or more protective than the manner in which the Company stores, transmits, protects from disclosure and destroys other confidential and sensitive information, including personal information that can be used to uniquely identify an individual or Protected Health Information.
Nurture Life, Inc.
358 W. Ontario Street
Chicago, IL 60654