Our number one goal at Nurture Life is to have a positive impact on the way kids eat while helping you get food on the table that the whole family can enjoy together. Our Family Meals serve up the same enticing flavors, diverse cuisine inspirations and wholesome nutrition as all of our baby, toddler and…Read more
Nurture Life meals may be ready in minutes, but there’s so much more to our kids meal delivery than speed. Though we love giving busy families a more convenient way to refuel, our top priority is always to have a positive impact on the way kids eat.
And to do that, every meal has to be made with a child’s palate, perspective and best interests at heart! We put your kids first to make sure we’re serving up home runs in both nutrition and flavor.
What’s Behind Our Wholesome Meal Delivery for Kids?
Our “secret ingredients” aren’t so secret after all. In fact, we love sharing what’s behind the scenes so that parents can feel good about what we’re cooking for their kids.
Here’s what goes into every kids meal we make:
For healthy development, kids need certain vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Babies have different needs than toddlers, toddlers have different needs than school-aged children, and school-aged children have different needs than pre-teens.
As our registered dietitians and chefs develop our meals, we take into account these varying nutritional recommendations. Though we may tailor our flavors, ingredients and nutrients for different ages, we always promote essential body- and brain-building nutrients like calcium, iron, vitamin D and potassium.
Whether in your local diner or down the frozen food aisle, most kids meals today have fallen notoriously out of balance. Popular foods like pizza, french fries and sugary breakfast cereals often serve up little more than sodium, added sugar and saturated fat!
At Nurture Life, it’s important to us to give kids a better balance of nutrition—not only to power their active lives but to keep them feeling full and satisfied. As we develop our kids and toddler meal delivery options, we carefully measure out a balance of protein, fat and carbs at every age.
To support a well-varied diet, we also source these macronutrients from a wide selection of ingredients:
- Proteins: We serve more than just chicken! We love incorporating diverse protein sources like beef, lamb, turkey, fish, tofu, legumes, tempeh and seitan.
- Carbs: We focus on whole grains with minimal processing, such as brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta and sweet potatoes.
- Fats: All of our meals keep saturated fat in check, and we offer kid-friendly superfoods like salmon, which is full of heart-healthy fatty acids.
3. Kid-Friendly Flavor
As parents ourselves, we understand how challenging it can be to find healthy food that kids will accept. That’s why our registered dietitians and R&D chefs work hard to create ready-to-eat meals for kids that are truly kid-friendly.
From initial brainstorming until the final recipe is approved, we approach our kids and toddler meals from a child’s perspective, adjusting the flavors and textures for younger palates. We aren’t happy until we get a “More please!” from the ones who matter most!
Just a handful of our quintessentially kid-friendly meals include:
- Chicken Bites with Mashed Yams & Green Beans: A nutritious, oven-baked version paired with fiber-filled veggies
- Mac & Cheese with Cauliflower: So deliciously cheesy that your kids won’t even notice the pureed cauliflower!
- Frittata with Cinnamon French Toast: A balanced breakfast-inspired meal that can be enjoyed any time of the day!
Even foods that aren’t classically “kid-friendly” are more approachable with Nurture Life. For instance, in our Citrus Salmon With Mango-Edamame Rice, we enhance salmon with a hint of orange and soy sauce for a seafood dinner that may delight even picky eaters.
4. Fresh Ingredients
When you think “ready-to-eat meals for kids,” highly processed frozen foods likely spring to mind. But we want to change that association!
Our meals are made to order from the highest-quality ingredients with a focus on organic and seasonal foods. We never add any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and we change up our menu every week so you’ll always know that your kids’ meals have been freshly made with care.
5. Global Inspiration
Part of our mission isn’t just to nourish kids but also to introduce new flavors that they might not otherwise be exposed to. Families love that our kids meal delivery service offers varied, globally inspired dishes with a kid-friendly touch!
Several global highlights include:
- Madras Curry: A colorful mix of carrots, chickpeas, red pepper and zucchini tossed in a subtle curry
- Thai Coconut Chicken: Garlic-ginger coconut milk sauce over chicken, brown rice and a trio of colorful veggies
- Ethiopian Lentil Stew: A warmly spiced stew of quinoa, lentils and raisins, spooned over a bed of brown rice
At Nurture Life, we view our mission as both a responsibility and a privilege, and we appreciate that families trust us to join in at the kitchen table. If you have any questions about our “secret ingredients” or our start-to-finish kids meal delivery process, please reach out to our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.